Resources for Reporting and Dealing With Workplace Harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the EEOC, provides enforcement and prevention information to stop sexual harassment in the workplace. It can be found at www.eeoc.gov, or at 1-800-669-4000.
- National Sexual Assault Hotline is found at (800) 656-4673, where a trained operator will be able to speak with you and provide guidance and support.
- National Women’s Law Center operates the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund that helps to connect victims of harassment to legal and public relations services. It can be found at www.nwlc.org/TimesUp.
- American Civil Liberties Union, the ACLU, operates to protect individual rights and liberties and will sometimes take up a constitutional claim, such as not being hired on account of one’s sex or sexual orientation. It can be found at (212) 549-2500, or at www.aclu.org.
- The Network/La Red hotline is a support system for LGBTQ individuals that provides information and support in both English and Spanish. It can be found at tnlr.org, or at (800) 832-1901, or at (617) 742-4911.
As a reminder the brokerage policy against harassment can be found in the office policy manual and below:
9.1 Company Policy
It is the policy of the Company that its employees, associates and visitors be free of harassment. Harassment is damaging to morale, serves no legitimate business purpose, is unlawful, and exposes the Company to significant legal liability. The Company will neither tolerate nor condone behavior that is likely to undermine the dignity of self- esteem or an individual or create an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
If you believe that you have been the subject of harassment, please bring your complaint to the attention of the Broker as soon as possible after the incident. The Broker may request a written complaint to set forth in detail the basis for your complaint. The Company will immediately undertake an effective, thorough and objective investigation of the allegations. If the Company determines that harassment or other prohibited conduct has occurred, effective remedial action will be taken in accordance with the circumstances involved. Any associate-licensee determined by the Company to be responsible for harassment or other prohibited conduct will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to, and including termination.